Police, Army hunt for two “terrorists” after bomb blasts

0
811

The manhunt for two alleged terrorists from the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF), who are allegedly planning a series of bomb strikes around Uganda, has begun, according to Uganda’s security agencies. 

“The Joint Anti-Terrorism Task Force of CMI, ISO, CT and CI have put up a serious manhunt for two notorious ADF suspects, for their alleged roles in the string of attacks using IEDs within the Central Business District of Kampala and Butambala, and for other terror attacks along the Kasese Bundibugyo axis, with the DRC,” police said in a statement on Monday. 

“The goal of the wanted terror suspects is to murder Ugandans, and also cause panic and fear within the community,” said police, without identifying the suspects.

The event occurred only a few days following a bombing in Nabweru Wakiso district. 

Around 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, police reported, a boom was heard. Their bomb squad and forensic services were called in. 

“The blast occurred in one of the unoccupied rentals. Thankfully, no injuries or fatalities were reported,” said the law enforcement body, adding, “Our team is diligently working to determine the cause of the blast, and further information regarding the next steps will be provided once investigations are complete.”

The UPDF carried out “seven attacks with different air-platforms and one attack by medium range artillery last week,” according to President Museveni’s statement on Sunday. The terrorists’ (ADF) reaction to the assaults was severe.

He said that further infiltrators attempted to put explosives in Kikuba-mutwe, the Kabalagala region, and the Nabweru 2 cell with the help of certain persons within the nation.